[OccupySheffield] May Global Strike

Anna Harris anna at shsh.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 21:44:25 GMT 2011

It is obvious we are headed for disaster unless we change course
drastically, and we don't have a lot of time. A project is being discussed
internationally in the Occupy movement - Global Strike May 2012. This is
not a strike in the way it is usually meant of withdrawing labour in order
to pressure bosses for increase in wages or better working conditions. What
we are proposing is a continuous strike, a permanent withdrawal from the
current system and switching to an alternative one. In order to make this
feasible the alternative system needs to be up and running by May next
year. Outrageous! Impossible! I agree with you. Nevertheless it *has* to
happen if we are serious about moving from this morally bankrupt and
physically damaging path we are on, to a sustainable system that puts
people before profit.

To join the discussion: https://n-1.cc/pg/groups/1010883/15m-global-strike/

Next meeting: Friday 23 Dec evening 19.00 GMT, 20.00 Spanish time

Web address : http://webchat.freenode.net/

Channel: Take the Square

You can see the result of the last call and write your own additions here:

http://titanpad.com/nBHKxLO535

Whoever arrives at this meeting please take responsibility for introducing
yourselves and starting the discussion.
Moderate yourselves if no moderator is available.

Anna

I was primarily against a general strike at a nearby date; I think