[OccupySheffield] Film idea.

Occupy Brighton info info at occupybrighton.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 20:21:06 GMT 2011

I hope you don't mind me contacting you people on this look list.

I won't be able to make it this weekend, don't think anyone from Brighton will be. Sorry will try next time for sure.

For those going here's a quick update from Brighton. For the last two week we have been struggling with people attracted to the camp for warmth and safety. These people were continuously ignoring all attempts to stop them drinking and doing drugs on site. Move them off and they are back again within a few hours. Eventually trouble kicked of during the windy weather and an attempt was made to burn the camp down. Even a fireman was assaulted when trying to put it out. The council cleared the site the next morning with many people losing things.

We are looking at other locations, ideas and trying to get a better online presence sorted. The support from the public was great and there were two main questions. What are you trying to change and how would you change this.

Speaking personally I think this is the most important thing to concentrate on at the moment. A clear mission statement and solutions along with an archive of documents, books, video, audio and links to make it easy to research the facts and opinions both positive and negative. Along with a discussion platform to get a national debate on the big issues.

Along side this I have been trying to set up a film team to work on a movie about these issues and the movement here. See my notes here.

http://piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.8f2$j1a1fbh/latest

With a Facebook group here if you know anyone interested.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/138300039613141/

Hope you all have a wonderfully productive weekend and survive the weather.

--
Jon