[OccupyGlasgowUpdate] Your inbox: occupied. News and calls to action from Occupy Glasgow

Udpates from Occupy Glasgow General Assembly occupyglasgow at email-lists.org
Sat May 5 01:26:51 GMT 2012

Solidarity from the global Occupy and Indignant movement

Since calm broke out following the end of the tented occupations, we have
been quietly developing the infrastructure and policies to facilitate fair,
responsible decision-making and use of internet tools. This message is the
first sent through our new system to everyone who has registered on the
occupyglasgow.org website or filled out a form or petition sheet. We will
use this list to pass along occasional news and information about major
events and important developments within the local movement. You cannot
post to this list but you can manage your subscription and contact the list
admins here: https://www.email-lists.org/mailman/listinfo/occupyglasgow

We will be sending a full update shortly with information about what we
have been up to recently, and forthcoming plans. for now we would like to
ask for your support.

On May 6th we call on supporters to join the struggle of working people and
the oppressed around the world for economic and social justice. We stand
together against racism, bigotry, violence, and attacks on immigrants
through raids and detentions. No one is illegal. We aim to stop
discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. Through
solidarity we will reform our social, political and economic systems to
meet human needs. We demand an end to the suffering inflicted upon the
general population by a tiny minority. We are Indignant.

Meet: George Square 11.30am, Sunday May 6th

Facebook event page - May Day Glasgow 2012 - https://www.facebook.com/
events/352507444795360/
Facebook event page - Glasgow Trades Council - https://www.facebook.com/
events/437738666242276/
Network23 - https://network23.org/maydayglasgow/

We are planning further action in May, please contact us if you would like
to get involved.

To help Occupy Glasgow with upcoming events please contact
ogoutreach at gmail.com
To help with web & media related activities email occupyglasgowIMG at gmail.com
General comments and enquiries: occupyglasgow at gmail.com
FB admins: occupyglasgow1 at gmail.com