[OccupyComms] Occupy Manchester UK: Protest + Art + Party

Occupy MCR occupymcr at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 18:40:43 GMT 2013

Dear Friends (Locally,
Nationally & Globally)

We send you best wishes and
support from Manchester UK. The spirit of Occupy lives on here and it is so
heartening to hear of the actions, protests and community organizing taking
place around the world. To know there are like-minded people across the globe
gives us strength, courage and hope.

To let you know, the next
action from Occupy Manchester will be taking place on Sunday 29th September in
Whitworth Park.  We will be staging an ART + PROTEST + PARTY to celebrate
our 2nd Birthday and  to coincide with the national Save Our NHS &
Stop The Cuts demonstration, which takes place in the city that day.

Part of the current ruling
collation government (the Conservative Party) will be staging their annual
conference in Manchester on that same weekend and it's expected that many tens
of thousands of people will be travelling from all around the country to join
in with the protests against the unprecedented and destructive attacks on our
precious National Health Service and on the poorest and most vulnerable in our
society; attacks which continue whilst our disastrous and unreformed private
mega-banks remain 'too big to fail' and 'too big to jail', creating more and
more compound interest loaded debt-money, and the industrial scale tax dodging
by the banks, wealthy corporations and elites continues to siphon away vast
sums every year from the public purse.

Our Monster of Madness will be
making a return appearance and we plan to create a space where people can come
together to share ideas, express their thoughts, create art and celebrate
community and hope.

Here is a link to what the
monster is all about (from 12M last year):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiia2zJxF5s

We will be thinking of our
friends around the world and would really like to pin messages and posters from
you all on the Monster – from other Occupy groups, individuals, communities and
organizations. These can be whatever you would like to express - your hopes,
your success, your current fights, and your visions for the future.
Please send your messages and posters to:

occupymcr at hotmail.co.uk

or post on our facebook page
(also keep checking back here for news and info on the action)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-Manchester/380456078636480

And follow us on twitter:
@occupymcr

You’re ALL very welcome !!!