[OccupyComms] Calling all Tweeters

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 20 10:58:53 GMT 2013

hi everyone

as you all know twitter is an amazing tool and the pan admin team is
looking at finding a good way of using it to support assemblies worldwide.

therefore, alongside the useful pan newswire ( see
http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/newswire/ ...and  pls share it with any
established assemblies that might wish to utilise it!) some of us are now
taking forward a dedicated peoples assemblies network twitter feed, and
this email is a request to ask if you would like to assist

if so, here is all the key info

(1) the twitter account to follow and participate in is
https://twitter.com/panworldwide

(2) main idea is that a relatively open group can develop a global tweet
system using systematic hashtags like
#newyorkassembly
#londonassembly
#torontoassembly
#madridassembly
#brightonassembly
and so forth

(3) and then, by encouraging a following, using the group tweet function
and also, where appropriate sharing password access with a trusted group we
can then (using the same hashtag system so people know where to look) all
of us, at whatever level of commitment we are comfortable with

(4) make announcements, share useful and inspiring info about our local
assembly meetings, decisions, statements, call outs and other assembly
related content. this will then be viewable (and also people can contribute
directly) by everyone who follows our account, and/ or the local hashtag
system as people get used to the hashtag protocol

(5) the feed will then go out live on the pan site (as does occupy london
feed at present - you'll see it if you scroll down the page
www.peoplesassemblies.org and look on the right hand side) and on any other
pages that choose to take it as a feed

(6) as part of the planning miki from barcelona has kindly produced a draft
protocol* for use of pan twitter hashtags and so forth. feel free to
contribute to the document
http://notes.occupy.net/p/pantwitter

(7) what all this translates to ( for anyone unfamilar with twitter ) is
that if you look at the twitter page https://twitter.com/panworldwide  you
will see that i made two tweets on the pan twitter feed this morning. i
used the hashtag #londonassembly as the tweets referred to info about 2
assemblies taking place in london this week. basically, using the same
hashtag system anyone anywhere could post info about their local assembly,
or the pan team could once we have the info.

(8) would be great if people could tweet with us there about assemblies
elsewhere in europe or the usa or wherever this week so we can develop the
platform. please send us your local assembly account details so we can
follow you or follow us and we can go from there. also maybe you/we could
invite people from other capitals not presently represented or active on
this list to get involved. please do

(9) if anyone would like to be on the team for the pan twitter feed (ie to
have direct password access) please get in touch

who is in ... ? would be good to know what regions we have covered !:)

cheers from snowy london

mark

--
http://occupylondon.org.uk/