[OccupyComms] GlobalNoise: help spreading the news!

marknbarrett at googlemail.com marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:25:01 GMT 2012

Sent from phone

-----Original Message-----
From: jasper teunissen <jasperteunissen at hotmail.com>
Sender: 17s at lists.occupy.net
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 16:52:22
To: squares<squares at lists.takethesquare.net>; <17s at lists.occupy.net>
Subject: [17s] GlobalNoise: help spreading the news!

Hi all,

Below is an example message you can use to spread in your networks of
friends, activist mailing lists, alternative media, journalists,
bloggers, etc.
Feel free to add, delete or edit parts and use it as you wish.
Different language versions of this text are here:
English: http://www.globalnoise.net/get-ready-for-globalnoise/
Spanish: http://www.globalnoise.net/preparadas-para-el-globalnoise/
Italian: http://www.globalnoise.net/preparatevi-per-il-globalnoise/
Also, for more background info you could refer to this text:
http://occupywallstreet.net/event/globalnoise

grts jasper

*Get ready for #GlobalNoise!
Global day of potbanging protest on October 13*

A year ago, the world was surprised by the rapid spread of square
occupations calling for #GlobalChange. This Saturday we will take the
streets again, louder than ever, with a global cacerolazo, casserole,
potbanging protest.
The initiative comes from the international networks of Occupy,
Indignados, #YoSoy132, and now many grassroots groups and individuals
joined: in hundreds of cities
<http://www.globalnoise.net/wiki/who-is-already-in-2/> around the globe
protests are planned.

*Many voices, one struggle*

The focus of the protest is intentionally left open to be filled by
local organizers and participants. The result is a turbulent cacophony
of issues and slogans: "Don't owe, won't pay" in Spain, "Fuck the
Troika" in Portugal, a clear message against war from Istanbul, a
protest in front of the annual IMF/Worldbank meeting in Tokyo,
One common theme running through all the #GlobalNoise events is the
targeting of political and financial elites who are held responsible for
destroying our communities and the planet, resonating the ongoing wave
of anti-austerity protests in Europe and around the world. At the same
time #GlobalNoise is a symbol of hope and unity, building on a wide
variety of struggles for global justice and solidarity, assuring that
together we will create another world.

*Beyond October 13*

#GlobalNoise is a moment to establish new connections, strengthen our
networks and communicate our plans for the future. The coming weeks and
months a large number of events are scheduled, including the Global
Education Strike <http://ism-global.net/> on October 18, movement
gatherings in Madrid (Agora99 <http://99agora.net/>) and Florence
(Firenze10+10 <http://firenze1010.eu/>) in november, the global day of
action for the Rights of Migrants, Refugees and Displaced people
<http://globalmigrantsaction.org/> on December 18.
And then there is an initiative from Montreal, Quebec, called VIA22
<http://via22.org/> which is a global day of action planned for October
22 and continuing to occur on the 22nd of every month. The idea of VIA22
is to take potbanging to the next level by expressing the need that our
marches and demonstrations become spaces for sharing knowledge about
alternatives.

*Links for #GlobalNoise*

Main website: http://www.globalnoise.net
Interact: facebook <http://www.facebook.com/groups/405656629480723/> |
twitter
<https://twitter.com/i/#%21/potbanging_ES/gn-campaign-twitters/members>
| occupii.org <http://occupii.org/group/globalnoise-international> |
meetings <http://www.globalnoise.net/meetings/> | potbanging at gmail.com
Tools: map
<http://www.globalnoise.net/wp-content/plugins/leaflet-maps-marker/leaflet-fullscreen.php?layer=1>
| images <http://www.globalnoise.net/designs/> | posters
<http://mosaic.occupy.net/global-noise> | videos
<http://www.globalnoise.net/wiki/videos/>
Manifestos from Paris <http://paris.reelledemocratie.net/node/1615> and
Barcelona
<http://auditoriaciudadana.net/en/2012/10/07/manifesto-13o-dont-owe-wont-pay-it-depends-on-us/>
Livestream on October 12: http://www.livestream.com/globalnoise and
http://www.globalrevolution.tv

*Support #GlobalNoise*

There are many ways to help with the communication and mobilisation:

  * International twitter campaign (facebook event
    <https://www.facebook.com/events/336606239769070/>) on wednesday
    October 10
  * Invite your friends for your local event
    <http://www.globalnoise.net/wiki/who-is-already-in-2/> on O13.
  * Blog about it, make photos, videos or livestream your local event
    and tag your contributions with #GlobalNoise.
  * For movement media makers: OccupyTheComms has a crowd source media
    page <https://occupythecomms.cc/g/globalnoise> for globalNOISE which
    will collect all the relevant media related to the action using real
    time tools during O13