[OccupyComms] Fwd: [Assemblies] PACD Manifest – Global Week of Action Against Debt and IFIs, 2012

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 7 17:28:46 GMT 2012

Published at
http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/2012/10/global-week-of-action-against-debt/
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Auditoria Ciudadana <auditciudadana at gmail.com>

There it goes again!

Info on the Citizen Debt Audit Platform in Spain (PACD - Plataforma
Auditoria Ciudadana de la Deuda).
PACD Manifest – Global Week of Action Against Debt and IFIs, 2012*Week of
Global Action against Debt and IFIs.*

*Debt is illegitimate because it threatens democracy*
**

*DON’T OWE! WON’T PAY!*

>From October 7th to 14th, the Global Week of Action against Debt and IFIs
will be celebrated worldwide. This week’s fight was established in the
World Social Forum at Nairobi in 2007, to denounce the injustice of foreign
debt on peripheral states and the submission policies imposed by
multilateral agencies like the International Monetary Fund or the World
Bank.

Since the housing bubble burst and triggered the financial crisis, debt has
become our worst nightmare and the perfect excuse for financial powers to
impose the ultra-liberal reforms they have been after for some time in
order to ensure a higher rate of capital transfer from low and middle class
incomes to high ones.

As with the people of Latin America, Africa or Asia since the 80′s, debt
has become financial power’s instrument of mass domination to also
subjugate European democracies. Since the Maastricht Treaty for the
adoption of the Euro, the treaties signed by our governments (such as the
Euro Pact and the Financial Stability Pact) granted increasing monetary,
fiscal and budgetary power to unelected bodies such as the European
Commission or the European Central Bank, which is a direct usurpation of
sovereignty.

The most blatant interference of these organisms in our sovereignty
occurred last year with the shameful constitutional reform to prioritize
debt repayment over people’s rights, without any social consultation. To
make matters worse, a new blow to our fragile democracy is being prepared
by the European Stability Mechanism (ESM), which will subject us to the
dictates of the International Monetary Fund and its sadly famous Structural
Adjustment Programmes that devastated the economies of poor countries for
decades. Theft of popular sovereignty has made clear that democracy is
incompatible with capitalism.

This is why we claim that debt is illegitimate. As in peripheral countries,
debt has been induced by financial powers to subdue populations to their
private interests. In addition, most of Spanish public debt has been
subscribed to benefit a small elite in detriment of the majority. The
clearest example is seen in the bank rescue, which has meant more than
215,000 million euros to the public treasury, to which we must add the
100,000 million bailout fund that the EU has made available for Spanish
banks and which the State is the ultimate guarantor. Private debt becomes
public debt and we are all made to pay, never benefiting from it, rather
the contrary, for debt payment implies a huge drawdown of resources that
ensure basic rights such as health, education, pensions or decent wages.

Therefore, from the Citizen Debt Audit Platform (PACD), we have started a
citizen debt audit process to demonstrate the illegitimacy of debt, to
repudiate its payment and demand civil and criminal liability for those who
generated it. We call on all people to join this process and hit the
streets this week, specially on the *October 13th, global day of action
against debt* (http://www.globalnoise.net/)
<http://www.globalnoise.net/>to defend our sovereignty and shout out
loud and clear:
*DON’T OWE! WON’T PAY!*

The activities planned for this week in different cities are available on
the web: http://www.auditoriaciudadana.net, Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/AuditoriaCiudadanaDeuda and Twitter: @AuditCiudadana

¡Saludos!

Emma.

--
*Plataforma de la Auditoría Ciudadana de la Deuda "¡No debemos!, ¡No
pagamos!"*

auditciudadana at gmail.com <auditoriaciudadana at gmail.com>

https://n-1.cc/pg/groups/693621/coordinacin-estatal-plataforma-auditoria-ciudadana-de-la-deuda/

@AuditCiudadana

El texto esta en ingles, encuentras la traduccion en espanhol debajo:

This list publishes texts endorsed by people's assemblies. It is moderated
by a global working group, committed to providing noise-free, reliable, and
transparent communication infrastructure for the movements.

Assembly-endorsed political statements published here will be re-published
at http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/category/statements/

The assemblies list is only one aspect of our communications work. You may
also want to consider signing up to the Newswire which allows posts from
your local blog to be globally syndicated. More info at
http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/newswire/

Our next weekly global Mumble meeting: the PAN admin team are no longer
meeting on Mondays but we do hope to reconvene soon to take forward our
work of improving inter-assembly comms, collecting local political
statements, aims and priorities into one place.

Email pan-owner at lists.takethesquare.net if you want to know more, want to
help, or are part of a group working on international communication. And if
there is no group working on international communication in your movement -
start one!

Esta lista publica mensajes refrendados por las asambleas populares. Lista
moderada por un grupo de trabajo global, dedicada a ofrecer una
infrestructura de comunicacion libre de ruido, confiable y transparente
para el movimiento. La lista es solo una parte de nuestra labor
comunicativa. Los mensajes enviados seran publicados en diferentes paginas
globales y estaran disponibles via RSS y en una pagina mundial de noticias.

Nuestra proxima reunion de mumble sera; the PAN admin team are no longer
meeting on Mondays but we do hope to reconvene soon to take forward our
work of improving inter-assembly comms, collecting local political
statements, aims and priorities into one place.
Email: pan-owner at lists.takethesquare.net. Eres bienvenido, si quieres saber
mas o sientes que puedes ayudar o si eres miembro de un grupo de
Comunicacion Internacional. Y si no hubiera un grupo de comunicacion en tu
asamblea lo puedes innaugurar tu!
for unsubscribe/etc:
Assemblies-owner at lists.takethesquare.net