[OccupyComms] Perspectives on Gazan Conflict

marknbarrett at googlemail.com marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 22 16:27:53 GMT 2012

And another:
http://stopwar.org.uk/index.php/palestine-and-israel/2066-all-ceasefires-in-gaza-are-temporary-but-what-stopped-israel-invading-this-time
Sent from phone

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Barrett <marknbarrett at googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:41:39
To: <peopleincommon at lists.riseup.net>; <occupycomms at email-lists.org><occupycomms at email-lists.org>; Politics and Spirit Network<politicsandspiritnetwork at yahoogroups.com>; <project2012 at googlegroups.com>
Subject: Perspectives on Gazan Conflict

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Both these articles by Amir
Taheri<http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/profile/Amir-Taheri> give
a glimpse into the real power struggles hidden in the Gaza/Israel conflict.
This approach is more conducive to a long term peaceful settlement than the
self-righteous ranting against Israel over the past few days, on Twitter,
online, and demonstrations outside the Israeli embassy,

I admit to being biased. I am Jewish, by descent not religion, and I have
relations in Israel. So it would be impossible to say I am neutral. In
practice I don't know what this means. I am against killing in any form. To
say that the retaliation of Israel was 'out of all proportion', makes no
sense to me. Would it have been ok if they had only killed the same number
of Israelis that were killed? No!

I have seen the racial hatred that Israelis exhibit to black Africans, and
heard them slinging obscene slogans across to demonstrators for peace, mad
with anger and rage. And yet, I see they are human beings too. When we take
sides we assume we know what is going on. Compassion sees both sides
without judgement.

Same author...does a good job ¿NO?: