[OccupyComms] Fwd: Quebec Student Solidarity

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Mon May 21 19:33:04 GMT 2012

Google translated  -

http://www.paris.reelledemocratie.net/node/1463
http://www.convergencedesluttes.fr/index.php?post/2012/05/21/VIVE-LE-QUEBEC-LIBRE
http://www.fischer02003.over-blog.com/article-vive-le-quebec-libre-105569342.html
 *Demonstration in Paris in support of student struggles in Quebec *
* Tuesday, 22 May 2012 to 18 hours Place St. Michel*

The rally is organized synchronously with many events taking place in
Quebec on ​​the same date.
 Our support is a powerful symbol for those students who seek to defend
their right to education. The conflict has indeed started with a projected
increase in tuition, already high, sixty five percent over five years!

Such a measure would only increase the number of Quebec students indebted
to the end of their studies, or even permanently shut some access to higher
education.

Currently, the government tries to implement a special law that extra
complexities considerably any attempt to extend strike.

Such anti-democratic initiative reveals the intransigence of political
inequality facing a very strong mobilization involving more than three
hundred thousand militants since February 2012.

 So be many to come add your voice to ours and to encourage our fellow
Quebecois in their fight !!

---------- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTQZ60AZ2pQ
http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120504/mtl_victoriaville_120504/20120506/?hub=MontrealHome
http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Violence_policiere_actuelle_dans_le_cadre_du_mouvement_de_greve_des_etudiants_quebecois