[OccupyComms] Visions for Change

Standing Stone standingstonesblog at hotmail.co.uk
Thu May 10 19:14:33 GMT 2012

Hey Occupiers,

Bath People's Assembly's Visions for Change event was a success, and I hear that the Visions for Change event put on by Occupy Norwich was also.

Visions for Change events involve bringing together all of the groups and organisations in the area that want a better world (we had 23 groups in Bath including Occupy, Transition, Greenpeace, Bath Against Cuts, Amnesty, Stop Hinkley, Green Vision, Bristol Anarchist Federation, Friends of the Earth, 38 Degrees and lots of local groups) to have stalls, give talks and network with each other.

All of the groups that came found it worthwhile, made lots of connections, and asked for more.

We are looking to take this concept forward, with more meetings between groups and more events being discussed.

If any of you want to put one on yourselves, go ahead - this could potentially be big and become a national thing. Please let us know how it goes, and get in touch for ideas.

There's a write up on my blog here: http://standingstonesblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/visions-for-change.html

Also the local newspaper reported on it: http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/Aiming-make-difference/story-15991662-detail/story.html

With all these ideas and all these people with the drive to make a better world talking to each other and collaborating, we might just achieve soemthing.

Solidarity,

Standing Stone

Standing Stone's Blog: http://standingstonesblog.blogspot.co.uk/