[OccupyComms] [Assemblies] RSS Plataforma / Newswire

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 23 08:10:54 GMT 2012

Hello Everyone

This is just quick note to ask if you'd like to arrange a designated
RSS feed from your local assembly for the inter-assembly newswire we
are developing
for May. if you think it's a good idea please pass this invite to your
local tech team as they will be able to set the channel up very easily
from your local blog and we can go from there.

We now have confirmed participation from Madrid, London and also
other assemblies in Spain New York and other parts of the US.

There's a brief invite below.

Basic idea  is that we are encouraging a designated RSS channel for
official assembly endorsed info, and while local groups are getting
this set up we are redesigning www.peoplesassemblies.org so that it
can feature the info in a well organised way. Just to be clear, we are
NOT after the main RSS feed for the sites, but rather we want a
designated on specially for the global newswire project, so that local
groups can consider carefully what posts go on it, ie posts about
assembly work / call outs/ politics that they want the rest of the
movement to read, and not just people in their own locality.

Anyway - please read the following and also the full info at
www.peoplesassemblies.org/newswire and let us know if you are able to
arrange a designated feed category on any of the  UK assembly
blogs. We are keen to have the platform operational with feeds from
the bigger cities asap so we can show how it works and
test it out in the run up to May.

Be sure to read the invitation below to understand how the project
works, and feel free to ask any questions :)

Abrazos!

Mark