[OccupyComms] 15M 2012

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 24 07:34:34 GMT 2012

Throughout this period of insurrection, from Iceland to the latest
upheavals in Russia and Hungary, if anything has become clear is the
advanced state of decay of political systems and their mechanisms of
representation ( they do not  represent us!), as well as / And their
subservience to capitalist command (rescue the people not the banks!)
 In 2011 we took to the streets, we recovered our voice in public spaces to
meet and share our dreams. We came together to make it clear that we are
not goods in the hands of politicians and bankers, who precarize austerity
policies further our lives and claim our fellow Greeks: we are not in debt,
we do not pay, we do not sell ourselves!
 But what is even more important, we also share the desire to
re-appropriation of our lives and commons goods through direct
participation and joint management, and ultimately the desire for a  true
democracy in the service of the common.
 Following discussions in international forums, on-line and/as well as face
to face, it was decided that 12th May should be the next global action day,
and May 15, the day of a new transnational form  of mobilization.
 Saturday 12M is proposed as a global day of action in which we again take
to the streets, either to take the squares, or for carrying out specific
actions that empower mass demonstrations

In contrast, the 15M is intended as a global day of action, intervening on
capital flows and mobility, while coordinating actions are launched
carrying the world to start walking in a new direction. It’s about building
a new imagery to define new human relationships, economic, social, to
provide us with the transformation of power relations between governments,
capitalist rule and societies.
 **
*For stimulating this process is proposed to convene a meeting (English /
Castilian) in Mumble on Saturday January 28th.*
 Agenda: https://n-1.cc/pg/pages/view/1113990
 How to use Mumble:
http://takethesquare.net/2011/10/04/mumble-setup-walkthrough/
*Server: tomalaplaza.net*