[OccupyComms] Jan 15th - Worldwide candlelight vigil for unity

Standing Stone standingstonesblog at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 19:27:43 GMT 2012

Hey Occupiers,

I've just come across a facebook group calling for a worldwide candlelight vigil for unity at 7pm wherever you are in the world on Jan 15th. Jan 15th is Martin Luther King Jr's birthday, and also marks 5 months since OWS began.

https://www.facebook.com/J15global

With civil rights being eroded, particularly in America right now, I think that this is an appropriate time for a peaceful backlash against this, by remembering not just MLK, but all who have stood up for people's rights.

I've put a suggestion to the rest of Occupy Bath (no plans as of yet, waiting to see what others think), but thought that other Occupy camps may want to consider doing something on this day as well.

Peace all,

Standing Stone (Occupy Bath, 1 individual of)