[OccupyComms] Global antiwar meeting on 20 jan. + letter to arab contacts, sign it if you want

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 29 10:37:57 GMT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Hi all, below is an invitation letter to the next antiwar mumble meeting
we want to send to our contacts in the Arab region. If you also want to
sign it, please send an email to jasperteunissen at hotmail.com.
The pad for this initiative is here: http://titanpad.com/globalantiwar
grts jasper

+++++

Dear friends,

 We are a group of individuals active in different recent movements
throughout the world, movements inspired by the Arab Spring. We have
witnessed your brave struggles for peace, we have organized solidarity
actions in our own places, but we feel it's time to do more and to do it
better...

 First of all, we want to listen to you, we want to know what's happening,
we want to learn what you are experiencing, and we want to hear your plans
and proposals for action. At the same time we want to find out how we can
support each others' struggles, how we can build a network for the future,
to exchange information and to build new forms of communication across all
the walls that separate us now.

 We want to let you know that we are with you in the fight for a life in
peace and dignity. Since the the misery in the world and the injustice
that is thrown at us is all interconnected, we believe our struggles can
only succeed if we are interconnected.

 For over a year we have been organizing our international networks and
many different international mobilisations through open and horizontal
assemblies on the internet. We are proposing an online meeting on Saturday
20th of January 2013, to meet with you and anyone who is  interested to
join us.
A meeting to bring together people from all over the world (Palestine,
Israel, Syria, Iran, .....) to co-ordinate the possibility of a grassroots
transnational network to bring wars and occupations to an end, inform about
actions and campaigns in different countries, look for alternatives.
Some of us are also working to have an encounter  with the movements of the
Arab Spring inside or during the World Social Forum 2013 in Tunis.

 In solidarity,

 Jasper Teunissen, participant in Occupy Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Mariangela Casalucci, participant in 15M Spain
Mark Barrett, participant in Occupy London, UK

*Mailinglist info*

 http://groups.google.com/group/acrossthewall

 *Mumble meeting details & instructions**:*

   - *How to download-install-connect the program to participate:*

 http://occupytalk.org/article/how-connect-our-server
*A video for visual aid * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF90Qdm7mH8
*Configuration:*
* Label *: Occupii Server : *occupytalk.org* (has to be written exactly as
it is)
* Channel:* Assemblies and Round Tables > OPEN SPACE
*Port:* 64738
*Nickname:* Your name/nick and country
* Alternativelly:* Once you have downloaded and installed the program in
your PC, if you register to this site
http://occupytalk.org/user/registerjust write in your browser: “
mumble://occupytalk.org:64738?version=1.2.3“

   - *methodology of the online assemblies *

 all people taking care of the minutes, open the pad (which is the same of
the call) of the minutes and collaborate to add or adjust your contribution
one person facilitating
one person taking turns and writing the order in the chat
how to ask for turn: write *TURN* in the chat
how to show that you agree: write *WWWW* in the chat
how to show that you desagree: write *MMMMM* in the chat
TTTTTTT tecnical point
turn off the mike when you are not speaking
if you have not a mike write your intervention in the chat

English  |  Español  |  Català  |  Français  |  Portugues  |  Italiano  |
 Deutsche  |
  ελληνικά  |  中文  |  日本の  |  한국의  |  русский  |  Dansk  |  Svenska  |
العربية

http://translate.google.com

http://occupylondon.org.uk/
http://www.peoplesassemblies.org