[OccupyComms] National O13-20 Occupy Planning in London ?

marknbarrett at googlemail.com marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 6 09:48:37 GMT 2012

Hey Everyone

As you are hopefully aware, Oct13 and Oct13-20 has been called by international occupy / 15M networks as a day of #globalnoise and week of action.

Many of us believe a global and UK-wide pots and pans 'express your anger' initiative has huge potential for getting the wider public involved in the movement.

Say, making noise at banks and town halls and parliament about precarity, unemployment, cuts, housing, debt, bank scandals, failings of politicians to represent us / democratic deficit and so forth.

The global nature of the Oct 2011 protests was unprecedented, and the globality is set to repeat in Oct 2012 only this time it could be even greater which is really exciting.

IMO we need to build on all the hard work, and all the people still active in the Occupy network here in London and UK-wide need to make mobilising for #globalnoise  and a sensible UK-wide strategy around it the very highest priority. This Oct is probably the best chance of forging a UK-wide movement for local, national and global change that we've ever had.

Given London's international significance and reasonable Occupy support base I propose OL and Occupy groups UK-wide now work together to convene a really *lit* London-based national planning meeting, say at the end of August.

What do people think

Mark
Sent from phone