[OccupyComms] Covering the Brighton Conf for Occupy.com

Michael Levitin Levitin at Occupy.com
Thu Apr 12 02:57:15 GMT 2012

Hello from NYC! We would love to provide coverage in some way of the conference happening in Brighton next week... sounds like serious organizing efforts have gone into this and a broad array of voices will be there. Would someone want to get in touch and commit to sending something of a written (and/or filmed or photographed) dispatch from the event? Framing it against the backdrop of upcoming May Day actions in London and across Britain may be the natural angle, but really anything you see fit to talk about -- and however you'd like to reflect on what's being talked about, developments in the movement, issues particular to the Brighton region, etc? -- would be great. Look forward to hearing some specifics and getting someone on board to file this piece! Best regards,

Michael
Occupy.com

________________________________
 From: OccupyBrighton-Info <info at occupybrighton.co.uk>
To: Mark Barrett <marknbarrett at googlemail.com>; LondonInternationalCommission at groupspaces.com; InterOccupy <info at interoccupy.org>; internationalprotest at groupspaces.com; "<occupycomms at email-lists.org>" <occupycomms at email-lists.org>; squares <squares at lists.takethesquare.net>
Cc: corporationswg at gmail.com; occupylsxevictionlegal at gmail.com; welfareolsx at gmail.com; malevitin at yahoo.com; lsx-occupy-environment-group at googlegroups.com; olsx.indymedia at gmail.com; occupylondonga at gmail.com; lawandlegalreformworkinggroup at hotmail.co.uk; olsxinternalcommunication at gmail.com; occupylondon at groupspaces.com; lsxcampeconomics at gmail.com; tech at occupylsx.org; financeolsx at gmail.com; tentcityuniversity at gmail.com; press at occupylsx.org; educationwgolsx at googlegroups.com; outreach at occupylsx.org; lobbyolsx at gmail.com
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: [OccupyComms] European council comes to Brighton.

http://occupybrighton.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Next month Brighton is to host a major European summit.
The Council of Europe will decide whether to accept a substantial
      rewriting of the European Convention on Human Rights to allow
      national courts more powers.
Five hundred delegates from the Council of Europe's 47 member
      states are expected to attend the conference.

I can't seem to find the exact date but would like to invite
      everyone down for the event.

We have a forum at the occupybrighton.co.uk website we can use to plan any actions.

If anyone can help find out exactly when and where they will be
      arriving and meeting then we can make sure there is someone to
      welcome them.

Feel free to spread the word, it would be especially good to get
      the word out to our European friends.

Unfortunately we don't have a camp at the moment but we can plan a
      pop up camp.
--
Jon