[OccupyComms] Info from Occupy Manchester

Occupy MCR occupymcr at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 23:32:58 GMT 2012

Hello
Occupy Manchester are planning an art action which will take place in
Piccadilly Gardens in the City from 2pm on #12M in solidarity with the
Occupy movement global day of action.We are constructing a Monster of Money Madness whose tentacles will
wrap around  the many areas effected by the current inequality being
felt globally.  The interactive artwork will highlight issues
including; the environment, democracy, banking, militarism, poverty,
health & housing.Through outreach we are inviting individuals & groups, friends and
families, to contribute to the artwork on #12M by expressing the damage
the madness is doing to them, their area of expertise, or interest, and to
suggest ways to combat it.We hope that this art work  will  provide a common & creative space for
people to come together on #12M to express & share their thoughts,
ideas,  fears & solutions.Anyone interested in taking part in Manchester can contact us on
occupymcr at hotmail.co.uk or just come down on the day!We would also like to invite Occupy groups around the UK and the World to take part, by
emailing us something which we can print out to stick on the monster,
for example; a picture, photo or poster. Or you can send us
instructions for something to be painted or drawn on it on your behalf, for
example; a message, symbol or simple picture. We will post photos of the monster and the event and are hoping to Ustream it, details to follow.Peace, solidarity and love
Mich - Occupy Manchester Comms Working Grouptwitter @occupyMCRhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-Manchester/380456078636480?ref=tshttp://www.occupymanchester.org                     http://occupymanchester.wordpress.com/