[OccupyComms] PROPOSAL: Private list, Private archives

occupybristol at riseup.net occupybristol at riseup.net
Fri Nov 11 12:58:14 GMT 2011

I speak only for myself I do not represent the camp.

I think that if individuals are using their own personal email addresses
on this list, then it would be sensible to make this list private, with
private archives.

If this happens the list (as all un-encrypted email communications) should
still be regarded as public, rather like a postcard.

Making the list private would merely make it slightly more difficult for
individuals opposing this movement (EG the EDL) to get information on
individuals who are participating in it.

Could we also get clarification from the list server admins as to whether
the server records IP addresses, and if so under what circumstances the
data would be passed on to third parties?

Thanks

Luther