[meersbrook-house] IP address for survey

Anthony Ashton info at technologikal.com
Thu Sep 11 21:12:34 GMT 2014

Hi Nick

Re-direction has been set up and seems to be active now as it's
directing to Bluehost. It might be an idea to float some survey
questions for everyone to discuss. I'm happy to keep things balanced on
the FB group, I have plenty of experience moderating groups and reckon I
can represent the main view of the group as it stands. I may be going
off on holiday but I'm not going to be away from the internet lol Happy
to have you onboard as an admin though, maybe swap with you registering
on the message board? That would be handy per se ;) I understand what
you're saying about the balance, but i thought we had this out at the
meeting recently as to how it would be presented. I'm not personally
sure what the difference between 'is moving its offices out' or 'in the
process of moving out',  or  'have moved some officers out already.' The
last sounds clunky, I'd be happy with either of the first two if it
scans fine and fits on the artwork.

--
Kind regards
Anthony Ashton

Office - (0114) 383 0114
Mobile - (07738) 150 322

www.technologikal.com

On 11/09/2014 18:27, Nick Roscoe wrote:
> Hi Anthony/All
>
> Just caught up on your notes re hosting etc.  Before you go off on you
> jollies please can you point survey.meersbrookhall.org.uk
> <http://survey.meersbrookhall.org.uk> to 69.89.25.181,  I want to
> experiment with the survey scripts and there are a few built in on
> this server, so would be better, especially as you will be away.
>
> I'll let people know here when a 1st draft  is available to try and
> everyone can run through it and pass on any comment.
>
> re the Facebook page,  looks good and you pitch things well, but we
> need some admins,especially if you are away.  I'm used to doing this
> (manage a few similar pages) and happy to help whilst you are away,
> though it's not something I want to do long term.  You judge what to
> say well, but there is one comment - and it is reflected on the
> leaflet too - which still bothers me.  It's not you - it's something
> lots of people have been saying.   I spoke with a Parks officer
> yesterday, he said they had been told there were no definite plans and
> if they were going to move it wasn't going to be imminent. This echoes
> what we have been told by the councillors, ie the official position.
>
> I'm wary about us just stating 'the council are moving out' as I think
> we need to prioritise getting an agreement from the council to delay
> moving out to give the organisation, when it is constituted, a chance
> to get its act together.  Can we have 'in the process of moving out',
>   or   'have moved some officers out already'  ?
>
> Ideally the council will change its mind and not move them out.  This
> (and certainly a reprieve) is still possible, even if a remote chance.
>   Councillors can be very sensitive about having controversial
> decisions ascribed to them which they have not made (or at least
> announced)   Of course the council have moved some staff out - but as
> long as there is the chance of parks staff staying I think it is
> better to sit on the fence with this in any official sounding
> announcements.
>
> cheers
> Nick

---