[meersbrook-house] IP address for survey

Nick Roscoe nick at nickroscoe.com
Thu Sep 11 17:27:41 GMT 2014

Hi Anthony/All

Just caught up on your notes re hosting etc.  Before you go off on you
jollies please can you point survey.meersbrookhall.org.uk to 69.89.25.181,
 I want to experiment with the survey scripts and there are a few built in
on this server, so would be better, especially as you will be away.

I'll let people know here when a 1st draft  is available to try and
everyone can run through it and pass on any comment.

re the Facebook page,  looks good and you pitch things well, but we need
some admins,especially if you are away.  I'm used to doing this (manage a
few similar pages) and happy to help whilst you are away, though it's not
something I want to do long term.  You judge what to say well, but there is
one comment - and it is reflected on the leaflet too - which still bothers
me.  It's not you - it's something lots of people have been saying.   I
spoke with a Parks officer yesterday, he said they had been told there were
no definite plans and if they were going to move it wasn't going to be
imminent. This echoes what we have been told by the councillors, ie the
official position.

I'm wary about us just stating 'the council are moving out' as I think we
need to prioritise getting an agreement from the council to delay moving
out to give the organisation, when it is constituted, a chance to get its
act together.  Can we have 'in the process of moving out',   or   'have
moved some officers out already'  ?

Ideally the council will change its mind and not move them out.  This (and
certainly a reprieve) is still possible, even if a remote chance.
Councillors can be very sensitive about having controversial decisions
ascribed to them which they have not made (or at least announced)   Of
course the council have moved some staff out - but as long as there is the
chance of parks staff staying I think it is better to sit on the fence with
this in any official sounding announcements.

cheers
Nick