[meersbrook-house] Facilitated small group session at public meeting

Laura Holmes laura at b4wd.org.uk
Tue Aug 26 21:07:30 GMT 2014

Hi all,

I had hoped to arrange a meeting with the other facilitators to plan out the
small group session before we next meet as a steering group, but
unfortunately I have not had chance to do this with the kids being off for
school holidays.

So instead have used an evening getting my thoughts down on paper as to how
this session should run (please see attached if you have the time /
inclination!).

The key issue is which scenarios we are asking the groups to discuss, and I
would suggest the below as a starter for 10. I think we need to have 6 or 7
scenarios prepared with scope to include one or two more if people at the
meeting come up with something good.

*         The Council could retain ownership of the building and use it for
their own purposes

*         The Council could retain ownership of the building and rent it out

*         The building could be sold for commercial development

*         The building could be owned by a community organisation (such as
FoMH&P)

*         Part of the building could be sold for development and part could
be owned by a community organisation (such as FoMH&P)

*         The building could be owned by Heeley Development Trust and
managed by them on behalf of FoMH&P

*         The building could be sold to an existing social enterprise or
other not-for-profit organisation (e.g. housing co-op)

The groups will be asked to come up with ideas for ways the building might
be used in each of these scenarios and possible advantages and risks for our
community. Please see the attached doc for more detail of how I think we can
do this.

Maybe we could have a discussion at the next steering group meeting to agree
which scenarios we are going to get the groups to consider?

Cheers,

Laura.

---