[ifwea-bulletin] After the IFWEA Conference

Dave Spooner dave.spooner at ifwea.org
Fri Dec 14 11:20:05 GMT 2007

Dear friends and colleagues

My thanks to SEWA, the IFWEA Secretariat staff, Oxfam International and
everyone else who helped make our General Conference and seminar in
Ahmedabad such a successful event. The reports of the seminar and minutes
from the General Conference are now being prepared, and will be circulated
as soon as they are available.

I am stepping down as General Secretary on December 31, and handing over to
Sahra Ryklief in South Africa, where she will be establishing the new IFWEA
Secretariat. She will of course be touch with everyone soon with details. My
congratulations to Susan Schurman, Sahra and the other members of the new
Executive Committee elected at the Conference, and the very best of luck for
the coming four years!

I very much hope to remain in contact with IFWEA affiliates in my new job
with the UNITE-T&G trade union in the UK,  where I am International
Programmes Co-ordinator, and look forward to working with you in the future.
Please note my new email address: dspooner at tgwu.org.uk.

In solidarity

Dave Spooner

International Federation of Workers' Education Associations

227 Royal Exchange, Manchester M2 7DD, UK

Phone +44 161 819 1200

Fax +44 161 819 1222

www.ifwea.org