[Hazelhurst-Newsletter] Film Showing

naomi.hazelhurst.coop naomi at hazelhurst.coop
Sat Feb 15 03:51:27 GMT 2014

 Hello All
 Linked to Hazelhurst CSA’s aims for local healthy food and control over
 our own food systems, you may be interested in the event this Saturday
 lunch and afternoon. Films and discussion about Food, whose food?
 Organised by World Development Movement. Details below.

 Best Wishes

 Naomi

 http://groups.wdm.org.uk/sheffield/

 An afternoon of films and discussion: Whose food? Our Food!

 We will be showing a selection of films giving examples of people
 around the world reclaiming their right to grow food; to choose, to
 access land, and to grow their crops. Films include Seeds of Freedom.
 Discussion to follow.

 All welcome. No charge, but contributions to costs requested. We will
 also be introducing WDM’s new Agribusiness campaign:

     Vegetarian lunch available at the beginning (so come hungry!), as
 well as the usual hot and cold drinks and biscuits
     A selection of short films showing encouraging examples, from
 around the world, of 21st-century alternatives to agribusiness practices
     Questions, comments and discussion, partly in small groups, after
 each film.

 Venue: Quaker Meeting House, 10 St. James Street, Sheffield S1 2EW (nr
 Sheffield Cathedral)