[Hazelhurst-Newsletter] AGM Minutes and Date of Follow up Meeting

naomi.hazelhurst.coop naomi at hazelhurst.coop
Fri Oct 11 11:18:39 GMT 2013

Hello All

Please find attached the minutes of the AGM on Thursday
26th September. The presentation is too big to send but you can look at
it by following this link to
Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2i4nj9ss0lbk14o/Agm%20presentation%20slides%20%283%29.ppt
[1]

The following resolution was passed:

>From January 2014,
Hazelhurst CSA will cease to employ our own Grower. Instead we will
purchase most of our produce from Huw Evans and Martin Bradshaw, the
independent growers who form part of Sheffield Organic Growers and who
occupy the same field that Hazelhurst currently rents part of.

Hazelhurst will continue to deliver outreach initiatives and will
continue to offer opportunities for volunteers to get involved with
land-based projects and to keep the connection with the land.

We will
continue to employ a co-ordinator to handle all the vegbag aspects of
the co-op and to enable volunteering and outreach activity.

There was a
strong feeling that there should be a follow up meeting to enable
members to discuss some of the issues that came up. In summary these
issues were:

* Expansion
* Selling 'surplus'
* Increasing vegbag
customers
* Connection to land
* Concerns about 'giving up'
*
Safeguarding co-op processes
* Communication/transparency
* Climate
change and sustainability
* Bring growers into the co-op
*
Interdependence with ethical partners
* Volunteering ok for co-ops [less
so for commercial enterprises]
* Learning opportunities
* Reality - not
enough energy

The date for the follow up meeting is:

THURSDAY 24th
OCTOBER, 6.30PM at SHARROW OLD JUNIOR SCHOOL.

We hope you can make
it.

Best Wishes

Naomi Hinch, Project Co-ordinator