[Hazelhurst-Customers] Veg Bag 27/2/14

naomi.hazelhurst.coop naomi at hazelhurst.coop
Tue Feb 25 11:12:41 GMT 2014

Hello All

The veg bag for this week will include:

All:

-
Carrots
- Onions (I will put extra in this week - they were a bit sparse
and small last week)
- Potatoes
- January King Cabbage
- 200g English
brown Mushrooms
- Spinach

Standard and Large will also include:

-
Celariac
- Flat Beans - (French land freight)

Large will include

-
Cauliflower
- Leeks

Please note this is what we aim to be in the bag.
There may be some variations due to harvest/quality issues on the day.
For example last week the batch of onions were not as good quality as I
would have liked so there were fewer to distribute. I supplemented with
some garlic and roots.

Here are some recipe ideas:

Mushroom and
spinach lasagne [1]

Buttered Cabbage and Leeks [2]

Celeriac Recipes
[3]

Would love to recieve more ideas. What did you cook last week? On
Friday I used some of the mushrooms and leeks as pizza toppings at the
cook and eat sessions Hazelhurst is doing at Gleadless Valley foodbank
as part of our outreach work. We also had some extra cauliflowers that
we shared with some of the users at the foodbank.

All the Best

Naomi

Links:
------