[freearchitecture] open CAD format is working

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Fri Sep 14 11:58:00 BST 2007

> We are here working in a new open CAD format:
> http://groups.google.com/group/open_cad_format
>
> We are working with Franz Reiter in a new native file for CADs based in
> Step and X3D-CAD for exchange.

I see, and I just joined the ml. What I wonder is - why do you want to
create a "new format"? What are the design aims? I see you referencing
two completely different formats, but which both have a specified useage
scenario. Besides, there are other formats, some of them have been
discussed here in depth. There is work needed in implementing formats
for different applications.

CU Lars.