[freearchitecture] x3d-cad vs. step (was: Blender-Developments)

Lars Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed May 3 09:15:37 BST 2006

Hi!

One note on the format to store models. There is a x3d-cad specification,
and it is in development. It is also available without paying fees. And
there are already lots of apps for x3d. Blender supports some x3d-export
right now. It is already xml.

So, this is a real question, what about using x3d-cad instead of step?

CU Lars.

BTW: I am an architect, and I see my task in this mainly in

- giving ideas and input from the user's point of view
- helping to organize, communicate
- document