[freearchitecture] mailing list traffic, interested persons, website

Lars O.Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sun Nov 20 18:41:54 GMT 2005

Hi list!

I have been subscribed to this list for a while now. And there is so
few traffic that I am sometimes wondering if my mail configuration is
ok, but hey, I am still getting so much great spam, the technology is
still working ;-)

I am wondering about who is still here, as an active or interested
subscriber. Maybe we should start giving some new life to this by
sending a small into about us as persons, and with our ideas, why we
spent the time to add out addresses to this list, why we think that
free and architecture might become not only two nice words, but a
meaning... and so on.

Finally, I want to announce that I am starting a website project at
www.free-architecture.org. I am working on my part, which is first of
all collecting some information, on the ideas, concepts and tools. The
main part of my idea of this website is to have a working wiki (there
is a mediawiki installation ready to be opened), as I don't believe in
one-man-websites too much. However, I still want to try to distill some
of the input I get from here, from the wiki (if it will be alive one
day), everyday life + my brain and whatever to some kind of edited and
reviewed text on the static pages of the domain.

Now, I want to know about what you think about my idea. I want to know
what is happening to this list, as I would refer to it as an essential
part of the discussion (I hate discussions on web-based forums, mailing
lists are much too valuable to be replaced by such multicolor
information absobers). I want to know about others who are interested
in this fields, as persons, institutions, maybe other websited related.

CU, Lars.