[freearchitecture] Communications management

Chris Croome chris at croome.net
Tue Feb 25 09:48:36 GMT 2003

Hi

On Mon 24-Feb-2003 at 11:28:27PM -0500, Steve Hall wrote:

> Whew, busy week. But I'm not dead yet.

Glad to hear it :-)

> I had another idea probably a bit broader than Free Architecture,
> but definitely relavant to the practical day to day affairs of the
> architect: communications management.

I've not worked in a architects office for a few years, and the
idotic management (I was working for a Local Government Authority,
it wasn't a problem specifically with the architectural management)
never had email working while I was there, so I don't have
experience of working on a job where the client and all the various
professionals and the contractor have email, however isn't email the
thing to use?

Email lists using Mailman [1] and also perhaps RT [2] are the tools
that I'd think of using for this.

Chris

[1] http://list.org/

[2] http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/