[esocialaction] Hotseat-May 19th: Will Web 2.0 be the toolset we need to change the world?

Leonie Ramondt leonie.ramondt at anglia.ac.uk
Mon May 12 14:26:24 BST 2008

Hi folks,

Marc Osten has kindly agreed to host our next hotseat.  Starting on the May
19th it will run for two weeks.  Please come and join us and argue your
perspective.  I'll send the link to our pradsa and esocialaction lists on
the morning. however, you'll also be able to access it via
www.technologyandsocialaction.org from the 19th.

although our hotseat will be visible via the web, to comment you'll need to
make an account via our website. this is done quickly and easily.

to get you thinking....
In the book "Here Comes Everyone" Clay Shirky claims that Web 2.0 gives us,
for the first time in history, the tools we need to change the world. Marc
Osten (www.summitcollaborative.com) our next hotseat host, asks us whether
in fact this leads us yet again down a dangerous road to social inaction and
ineffectiveness.

please feel free to forward this to any interested parties.

warm wishes,
Leonie

--

Leonie Ramondt

01245 684358/ 0845 1964358
07970 571375
http://myprofile.cos.com/ramondt
leonie.ramondt at anglia.ac.uk

Inspire
www.inspire.anglia.ac.uk
Anglia Ruskin University
Bishop Hall Lane
Chelmsford Essex CM1 1SQ

In 2008 we are celebrating 150 years since our foundation by John Ruskin.  Visit www.anglia.ac.uk/150years for more information.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the above named recipient(s) only and may be privileged. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone: please reply to this e-mail to highlight the error and then immediately delete the e-mail from your system.

Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Anglia Ruskin University.

Although measures have been taken to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus we advise that, in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. Please note that this message has been sent over public networks which may not be a 100% secure communications