[esocialaction] openDemocracy

Danijela Babic dbabic at zamir.net
Mon May 7 12:00:33 BST 2007

fyi
danijela

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Invitation to write: openDemocracy, women and the G8 summit
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:12:19 +0100
From: Jessica Reed <jessica.reed at opendemocracy.net>
To: <natasha at womensnet.org.za>

Dear Natasha,

In the run-up to the 2007 G8 summit, openDemocracy.net is launching a
project to raise issues of gender equality and women’s rights, and to
add a women’s perspective to coverage of the summit in Germany in June.

We would like to invite you and the women you work with to take part in
a blog, in English, which will bring together organisations, journalists
and activists from around the world, with a wide range of expertise and
hands-on experience. It will combine accounts and conversations about
gender equality, an issue too often neglected by international
governance bodies, policy makers and the media.

*Women talk to G8*

The blog will run in the last two weeks of May, devoting space to
women’s priorities, and the urgent issues they wish to see addressed
more prominently and effectively in the political arena. We will also
gather web resources and contacts.

We want to hear about your experiences in your field, and your ideas on
what needs to change, and how.

Leading articles on our website will showcase and summarise the blog’s
findings. These will be accompanied by a short series of articles on
women and their rights in Africa. openDemocracy’s discussion forums and
comments section will provide a space for readers everywhere to feed in
their thoughts.

*How you can participate*

We would be delighted to include you in the blog conversation. You will
need regular internet access, and a certain amount of confidence writing
in English. If you have video or photo capabilities, let us know - we’d
like to integrate multimedia contributions too. We will of course
mention your organisation in links and sidebars.

If you would like to take part, please get in touch briefly by return of
email to signal your interest. Then we can discuss what contribution you
wish to make.

We will introduce you to the technology and technique of blogs. The blog
genre thrives above all on the desire to communicate – the rest follows
easily! We will also encourage you to draw on your network of friends
and colleagues to follow and shape the discussion.

Please – let us know and circulate this e-mail to anyone who would be
interested!

Drop us an email in reply, to jessica.reed at opendemocracy.net and
sarah.lindon at opendemocracy.net, or call on 020 7608 2000.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Jessica

*Jessica Reed*
www.opendemocracy.net <BLOCKED::http://www.opendemocracy.net/>

Tel: 0207-608-2000
Fax: 0207-608-2666
intended solely for the individual or entity to which they are
addressed. Any views or opinions presented or expressed are those of the
author(s) and may not necessarily represent those of openDemocracy. No
representation is given nor liability accepted for the accuracy or
completeness of any information contained in this e-mail unless
expressly stated to the contrary.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in
error, you may not use, disseminate, forward, print or copy it, but
please notify the sender that you have received it in error.
Registered Office: 23-25 Great Sutton Street, London, EC1V 0DN
Registered No: 3855274
*Jessica Reed*
www.opendemocracy.net <http://www.opendemocracy.net/>