[esocialaction] FW: International IT in the Community Conference

Dearden, Andrew M A.M.Dearden at shu.ac.uk
Fri Mar 23 10:32:31 GMT 2007

 This might well be of interest to many

Andy

________________________________

From: BCS West Yorkshire Branch [mailto:wyomem at lists.bcs.org.uk]
Sent: Thu 22/03/2007 19:06
To: BCS West Yorkshire Branch
Subject: International IT in the Community Conference

International IT in the Community Conference in association with IT Works
Sunderland University, UK 2007

Date: 5th & 6th July 2007

Venue: St Peter's Campus, Sunderland University, Sunderland, England

Event Overview:
The International IT in the Community Conference will be an internationally
significant event, held for the first time in the North East.

The event, based around the core conference of 'IT in the Community', will
bring together leading figures from the world of IT, including some top
international names, to discuss current problems faced within communities and
how IT can provide the necessary solutions. There will also be supporting
seminars and workshops, which will complement the main conference, and will
add further depth to the already comprehensive programme.

The event will also have an associated exhibition area in the form of IT
Works 2007. IT Works is an IT showcase that has now been running for over 10
years and was previously held at St. James Park in Newcastle.

To find out further details of the exhibition please www.itevent.org <http://www.itevent.org/> .

Regional Benefits of the Event:
The International IT in the Community will be a core event for the region,
benefits will include:

Increased business tourism
Profile Sunderland and the wider North East England as a highly digitally
advanced region
Showcase and create network opportunities for regional based Businesses
Stimulate Innovation and partnerships across University/Business/Government
sector
Generate international links

Create new ideas, new businesses and jobs.

Please do not reply to this email, for further information please visit the website, Thanks.

Malcolm George BA(Hons)

Branch Secretary, Email Co-ordinator,

Publicity and Education Liaison Officer

West Yorkshire Branch

British Computer Society

To join again, send a message to the list with
join
in the subject line.

HELP
-----------
Only your "default" email address on the BCS membership system will be used in BCS lists.
To change this, go to: https://wam.bcs.org/wam/login.htm

General Guidance - http://www.bcs.org/listserver/outhelp
Email Policy - http://www.bcs.org/policies/email/
Other problems - email listmaster at hq.bcs.org.uk

DISCLAIMER
----------
This email and any files transmitted with it have come from The British Computer
Society, Registered Charity number 292786, and are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the intended recipient. No-one else may retain, use, copy,
forward, distribute or place any reliance on all or any of it in any form.

Our registered office is 1st Floor, Block D, North Star House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FA.
If you receive this email in error, please accept our apology. We should be obliged if you would
telephone our system administrator on 0845 3004417 if you are calling from within the UK or on
+44 (0)1793 417424 if you are calling from overseas or email administrator at hq.bcs.org.uk.

Please note that this email and any attachments have been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses. However, it is always advisable to run a virus
check on emails and attachments before opening them.