[esocialaction] Audio Research

Thompson, Steve S.D.Thompson at tees.ac.uk
Fri Mar 10 20:53:18 GMT 2006

I'm working on a Digital & Environmental Knowledge Exchange (DEKE) in North Yorkshire with Whitby Disabilities Advisory Group I'm helping the organisation develop their audio and digital media capacity. I've introduced them to Audacity, an open source audio tool.

At present I'm doing a little research on file formats to use for their website. This involves a fine balance between file size, audio quality, easy of use for the end user and ease of production for the volunteers at Whitby Dag.

I'd be grateful if you could spare the time to go to www.neukol.org.uk/whitbydag  and try out some of the formats and leave a comment.

Thank you

Steve Thompson
Community Media Coordinator