[esocialaction] FW: WSIS and UNESCO decade

Walker, Steve S.Walker at leedsmet.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 13:12:10 GMT 2006

Forwarded with permission. You can contact John at  lindsay at kingston.ac.uk

Steve
Steve Walker, Senior Lecturer
Leeds Metropolitan University
School of Information Management
Phone: (44) 113 283 7448

________________________________

From: Social movement informatics discussion on behalf of John Lindsay
Sent: Tue 10/1/06 11:44
To: SOCIAL-MOVEMENT-INFORMATICS at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: WSIS and UNESCO decade

Now the WSIS is over, and appears to have disappeared without trace, and the UNESCO decade of education for sustainable development has been launched, again without trace, I am wondering where the best forum is to be found for arguing about the construction of things in social movement informatics might be?  The utter failure of WSIS to produce anything of any use is my assessment, I wonder whether members of the list will assist, and prove me wrong?  I am afraid, nine years before its end, that is my assessment of the UNESCO decade too.

There exists an education dialogue group, through which we are trying to change this latter assessment, if anyone wants to know about it, let me know.
Security System.