[esocialaction] MobBlog Radio

Thompson, Steve S.D.Thompson at tees.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 10:23:53 GMT 2006

Posted elsewhere but possibly of interest to this list:

<story>

A Student came to see me yesterday and said he was dead keen to get
involved in Community Media, said his father owned a radio station back
home in Greece. He said he'd like to collect interviews with fellow
students and members of the community. We thought for a while about the
best way to record these interviews and he said he could use his mobile
phone (Erickson). We did a test and I checked the file type. AMR (which
my phone uses too - Nokia). I later found an AMR to Wav editor but we
zapped the AMR around my office by blue tooth and uploaded it to a
testing area. (plays in Real and QuickTime players).

http://www.neukol.org.uk/test/index.php/Dimitris  (NB - testing only
Dimitris real MobBlog site will be elsewhere)

My colleague Dave Eagle then added AMR as MIME type for our Media
Uploader so it's all systems go.

Dimitris will be recording interviews with Teesside Students on his
mobile and uploading to his MobBlog site.

Are you ready for this?

</story>

Steve Thompson
Community Media Coordinator