[esocialaction] Short History and a museum visit.

Ariel Foina arielfoina at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 15:21:47 BST 2005

When does commercial software come close to open source?

Another possible answer to the question (it does not means that this
is the case) is that, when I buy a user licence, the company become
responsible for the software, since this source is closed.
When it is open, companies don´t sell licences, so they are not
responsible for "security issues/failures". So... I will not be amazed
if open source become a practice in a near future. Migration from
close source to open source is not a software issue, but a migration
between 2 different (but not necessarily less profitable) business
models.

Regards

Ariel Foina
Brazil
p.s.: I'm moving to this new e-mail acc, please, take note of the new adress