[Cash-outreach-engagement-circle] Fwd: Lewisham Council development site opportunities - Invitation to closed event

Szczepan | CASH szczepan.o at ldn.cash
Mon Mar 4 22:00:29 GMT 2024

What do you reckon dear O&E people?
Looks exciting to me!
Sz.

-------- Original Message --------
From: SmallSitesSPD <SmallSitesSPD at lewisham.gov.uk>
Sent: 4 March 2024 17:49:43 GMT
To: "szczepan.o at ldn.cash" <szczepan.o at ldn.cash>
Cc: SmallSitesSPD <SmallSitesSPD at lewisham.gov.uk>, "Harris, Dionne" <Dionne.Harris at lewisham.gov.uk>, "Scozzafava, Emilio" <Emilio.Scozzafava at lewisham.gov.uk>, "Ringwood, James" <James.Ringwood at lewisham.gov.uk>
Subject: Lewisham Council development site opportunities  - Invitation to closed event

Good afternoon,

The housing crisis in London is growing and broadening, with the critical need for affordable homes now manifesting in the private rented sector - in Lewisham, in addition to the 10,000 families on our housing waiting list, there are currently circa 3,000 families in Temporary Accommodation, much of which is not fit for purpose.

Like all local authorities, Lewisham Council is at the coalface of the crisis and we are investigating new and innovative ways to deliver more, desperately needed homes for our residents. We have developable sites of varying sizes and complexity, and we're open to exploring alternative models for the immediate, medium and long-term delivery of homes on those sites. We're also keen to explore how we can deliver net zero homes and social value for the benefit of our residents.

We are eager to explore ways which work together and how best to match these opportunities with partners that share our values, sense of urgency and are able to follow through on the ultimate objectives of delivering much needed homes. So we are writing to invite you to the first of our series of Lewisham Opportunities events; with this one focusing on Small Sites: