[Cash-outreach-engagement-circle] CASH & East London housing co-op event (19 Oct or 2 Nov)

Jane L janelaporte04 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 16:13:34 BST 2023

Hi there

It's Jane from Mary Ann Johnson housing co-op in Tottenham.  I know you've
been in touch with my fellow co-op member Tony Wood, but I'm contacting you
about a follow-up event to one that you attended in April.  It was at the
Hornbeam and was kind of a taster session for people interested in housing
co-ops.

The follow up event is going to focus on different ways of financing a
co-op and it would be great if someone from CASH could come along to speak
about how your model might work with a new co-op.

The event is either going to be on *Thurs 19 Oct or Thurs 2 Nov*, and will
be in the evening at *Pelican House, Cambridge Heath Road, E1 5QJ. *(close
to Bethnal Green overground and tube)

Would you or someone else from CASH be able to do one of those dates?

The format will be similar to last time. We'll have people from a number of
different groups, and attendees will do a kind of speed dating, where
they'll get to spend 10 minutes with each speaker/group. Other groups are
likely to be *The Drive, Radical Routes, Community Led Housing and maybe
people from Quaggie or Rising Sun.*

Last time there were 40 attendees and it was a lot of fun. I know that you
are primarily focusing on south east London at the moment, but people will
be coming from all over London. And the model is something that would be
interesting for people to think about.

We're having a planning meeting next Thursday (21 Sep), so if you're able
to give an indication of whether you can come and if one of the dates is
preferable, it would help us plan.

thanks a lot, and really hope you can make it.

Jane
Mary Ann Johnson housing co-op
m: 07817 483 167