[Cash-outreach-engagement-circle] Inclusive Co-ops - Thanks for coming and next steps!

Herta Gatter herta.g at ldn.cash
Mon Nov 13 16:32:26 GMT 2023

Dear all,

The Inclusive Co-ops project started with a beautiful session on Saturday.

In these two hours, we’ve already learned a lot from each other including:
The importance of
‘Equity’ - Equity considers the different starting points when trying to achieve fairness
Diversity being about how much representation we see in the room
Inclusion as a feeling - to feel part of something, to feel like you belong
Intersectionality, term coined by the black feminist Kimberlé Crenshaw to help understand how different types of oppression interact
How it is the hardest to “pretend” to be accessible in terms of mobility as real infrastructure investment is needed. You can’t just put up a poster claiming you support some people.
How co-ops can both mean shared housing or private flats
How a lot of co-ops are hidden and it’s hard to get into them
How much power, knowledge and skills we already have in the room

You can watch the summary of the session on our Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/p/CzirQkLIl3J/?img_index=1> as performed by the amazing Chima.

Thank you to Milka for facilitating, Chima for your poetry and everyone for coming, sharing and contributing. And those who couldn’t make it don’t worry - there are going to be plenty of opportunities to get involved!

And now let’s get down to business. In order to be able to plan our next steps, including how we are going to stay in touch it would be great if all of you could please fill out this super quick survey. <https://cloud.ldn.cash/apps/forms/s/6P9YZnLbbYwzqGgETBj4ZZcZ>

We’ll try our best to find a rhythm that works for everyone. Please bear with us as everyone from CASH is also a volunteer :) This project will go as far as we collectively want it to go.

Please feel free to forward this email / invite anyone who you think might be interested.

Thank you,

Herta

Outreach and Engagement Circle
Community Assets for Society and Housing
ldn.cash <http://ldn.cash/>
@ldncash