[Bins] Language issue

Satya bins at thesatya.com
Mon Jun 20 00:28:28 BST 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 12:08:34AM +0200, Bettina Slottved wrote:
>I have about 2500 pictures on my daughters' websites. At present, their
>sites are in Danish but we have a lot of American friends who don't
>speak Danish, so I would like to make an English site as well but I
>think that it is stupid to have all the pictures published twice.

Depends on how your web server etc. is set up.

One way: make two separate sites, then delete all the images from one.
Have the html files suffixed with the language code:
index.html.en or index.html.[whatever it is for danish]
and then merge the two trees. This would need some simple but deep bash
or perl scripting.

Or keep the trees apart, and any requests for a JPG file in the tree
that does not have pictures, rewrite (using Apache rules) to refer to
the other tree. This needs knowledge of Apache configuration.

Or bug Jerome :-)

--
Satya. http://www.thesatya.com/
hAS aNYONE sEEN mY cAPSLOCK kEY ?