[Bins] Re: [Cooker] rpmlint yells about some 2 letters locales only

Abel Cheung deaddog at deaddog.org
Sat Feb 28 14:02:57 GMT 2004

On 2004-02-27(Fri) 22:26:47 +0100, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> >>Seems to be an upsteam bug then. Jérôme ?
> >
> >Yes, the translation catalog concerned is in Big5 encoding, so it should
> >be "zh" -> "zh_TW".
> There is already a zh_TW.Big5.po file in the directory, without any
> corresponding .mo file.
>
> BTW, the original tarball contains both .mo and .po files, whereas the
> second are supposed to get produced from the first at build time.

I have checked it a little more. The correct resolution is:

1: Remove zh_TW.Big5.po, it's obsoleted file
2: Rename zh.po -> zh_TW.po
3: Rename zh.mo -> zh_TW.mo (well it should be generated from zh_TW.po)
4 (optional): In ./Makefile and intl/install.sh, change "zh" to "zh_TW"
5 (optional): Tell the Chinese translator to use zh_TW in the future

I'll do (5), it's my duty.  One thing. What's the use of gui-fr.mo?

Abel

--
Abel Cheung
Linux counter #256983   | http://counter.li.org