[Bins] BINS 1.1.27 Bugreport (Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference)

SNT ALV alv at snt.utwente.nl
Thu Dec 23 08:30:09 GMT 2004

Hi there,

I'm a new user to BINS but I liked the albums from the start so I
thought I'd give it a try.

I run BINS on NetBSD 2.0/amd64, which comes with BINS 1.1.26, but for
this bugreport I thought I'd use 1.1.27 too. Got it from the website,
unpacked it, and saw the same thing happening again.

Somehow, I seem to made a weird config, because it repeatingly keeps
crashing on me. This is reproducable. It seems to happen when BINS
recurs into a subfolder, and when it's done, it needs to get back one
level up, and then it bails out:

Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at
/home/ascent/binscompile/bins-1.1.27/bins line 3476.

This must be something in the binsrc because when I rename it to binsrc2
(and BINS therefor doesn't read it anymore), it all goes fine. I'm going
to do some hunting for the error, but at least it's weird. I attached
the config.

The error has already happened to me on several folders. This is with
-v4 on the command line:

   Image SS00024.jpg
   Generating thumbnail Joint Operations - Escalation/2004-12-22 - Local
server/SS00024_pre.jpg from image SS00024.
     Generating scaled version of /home/ascent/q/web/Joint Operations -
Escalation/Joint Operations - Escalation/2004-12-22 - Local
server/SS00024.jpg
       to be written to Joint Operations - Escalation/2004-12-22 - Local
server/SS00024_pre.jpg...
     image already exists and is newer, skipping.
     sm size is 800 x 600.
     Generating scaled version of /home/ascent/q/web/Joint Operations -
Escalation/Joint Operations - Escalation/2004-12-22 - Local
server/SS00024.jpg
       to be written to Joint Operations - Escalation/2004-12-22 - Local
server/SS00024_sm.jpg...
     image already exists and is newer, skipping.
     med size is 1024 x 768.
     Generating scaled version of /home/ascent/q/web/Joint Operations -
Escalation/Joint Operations - Escalation/2004-12-22 - Local
server/SS00024.jpg
       to be written to Joint Operations - Escalation/2004-12-22 - Local
server/SS00024_med.jpg...
     image already exists and is newer, skipping.
     setting maxSize to 23 (SS00024.jpg)
Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at
/home/ascent/binscompile//bins-1.1.27/bins line 3476.

Oh btw, it also keeps giving me:

Parameterless "use IO" deprecated at
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/HTML/Clean.pm line 4

Maybe something new in 5.8.5 ?

Oh, CVS is down, so I wasn't able to try that one.

I hope anyone has a patch for this.

Wouter