[Bins] timestamp preservation

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 16:28:29 GMT 2003

Hi J�r�me

On Wed 19-Feb-2003 at 05:13:00PM +0100, Jérôme SAUTRET wrote:

> The date you want to preserve in this case is the date set by your
> camera and I suppose it corresponds to the date of the shoot. This
> date is also present in a Exif tag in the picture and is written
> in the desc XML file by BINS, so the information is not lost.

I realise that the Exif tag has the data and that BINS uses this :-)

The two things that I use the timestamp on the file for are:

- Merging photos from two cameras -- I often use a couple of cameras
  and it's nice to have the images sorted by time.

- Apache Last-Modified HTTP headers -- I know it doesn't really
  matter if this header is the time the photo was taken or the time
  when the album is built but it would be nice if it was the time the
  photos was taken.

> Anyway, this should not be difficult to preserve the timestamp
> with the -p option (-a is a GNU cp specific option).

Ah, ha, that's why I have to use -p on OSX...

> I note that to the TODO.

Great!

Chris

--