[Bins] Debian installation can't find details.html template file

Ron Abramson ra at panix.com
Tue Apr 15 09:36:37 BST 2003

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, [iso-8859-1] Jérôme SAUTRET wrote:

> You can also try to run bins with the -v 4 command line option, to see
> what's happening.

Aha - I thought the max value of 'v' was 3.  Now I can see...

Anyway, the script was expecting the templates to be in
/etc/bins/templates.default whereas in fact the Debian installation put
them in /etc/bins/templates.default/templates.  So, rather than butcher
the main 'bins' script, I simply copied the default templates to the
parent directory, /etc/bins/templates.default, and now it seems to work.
I haven't tried joi, but I see those templates are in
/etc/bin/templates.joi/templates.joi, so they probably have the same
issue.  Maybe the Debian installation scripts need to be touched up.

Thanks for the help.  I will try to put up some real albums now.

By the way, my server machine runs woody (Debian stable) and my
workstation runs sid (Debian unstable).  Right now, bins is only available
in sid.  I assume that since bins puts out static pages, I can
generate them with my workstation and write them out to a directory on my
server (NFS-mounted on my workstation).  Do you know of any reason why
this shouldn't work?