[Alt-sheff-organising-group] PLEASE REPLY re Alt-Sheff & "The Sheffield Co-operator"

Alt-Sheff Collective contact at alt-sheff.org
Wed Apr 5 05:16:02 GMT 2017

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't been in touch much, and sorry the website hasn't had
much updating for a few months. In 2016 we didn't even have our annual
meeting. I've been busy with various things, but intend to find time
to get more events online in April.

In June there will be a special edition of a newspaper printed called
"The Sheffield Co-operator" produced through the efforts of Steve
Thompson in the Sheffield Co-operative Party. (I know him through
Principle 5 co-operative resources centre which I'm also on the
committee of -  http://principle5.org.uk/ ). It will be a special
centenary edition, a one-off, to celebrate 100 years since a newspaper
of this name was launched. At its peak it was a regular paper with a
big circulation. Now the co-operative movement has gone through a big
decline, but many people are trying to change that. In Sheffield we
are publicising, linking up and celebrating the many co-operatives
which are operating.

Alt-Sheff is one of these Sheffield co-ops* so I would like to ask
everyone's agreement to place an advert for Alt-Sheff in this
newspaper. Is that OK with you? Please reply by email, because there
is no time to discuss at a meeting, it will need to be done by next
month.  It'll cost about £20 which I can pay, there's no time to raise
funds in a better way. I hope this is OK with everyone?

Thanks a lot,
Jonathan

* (We decided at one of the early meetings to be a co-op - second or
third meeting I think.)