[Alt-sheff-organising-group] Cycling accident news

Alt-Sheff Collective contact at alt-sheff.org
Tue Jul 26 21:57:07 GMT 2016

Hello all,

As you may know I've had an accident.I'm going to recover but will be
half strength for a cuople of months. With this in mind I plan to send
the following press release to, say, Sheffield Star, etc. Is this OK
with everyone?

It feels very egotistical to do this, but in a way it's a cry for help
- who knows, someone may step forward to help. And it's publicity for
the website (which is *reasonably* updated at the moment, but I could
do with help and perhaps a change, and we still haven't switched on
social media or updated the links list)

cheers
Jonathan

'Alternative' website founder injured

A 20mph cycling accident has injured the founder of Sheffield's
'Alt-Sheff' website. The 54 year old, who uses the pen name Jonathan,
was taken into the Northern General Hospital on Sunday for emergency
surgery on a broken and protruding collarbone. He is now recovering at
home. It is thought that he collided with a wall, while cycling in
Foxhill.

'Alt-Sheff' lists radical and green events, and has operated since
2008. It is run as a voluntary co-operative to serve and publicise
Sheffield's many 'alternative' groups.

www.alt-sheff.org

26/7/16