[Alt-sheff-organising-group] No Platforming of Radical Feminists - A talk by Julie Bindel

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Thu Jun 4 14:03:04 GMT 2015

Hi

On Thu 04-Jun-2015 at 02:35:46PM +0100, Michael Cook wrote:

> it's a complicated issue that should be the subject of 'debates' not
> 'talks'.

I agree, but it seems to me that there is a way to go before those in
favour of no-platforming feminists will be willing to have debates on
these issues (a no-platform stance vs welcoming debate stance being
mutually exclusive positions) and in the meantime I think it's
understandable that the side which is being no-platformed are convening
"talks" to enable discussion -- what else can they do -- you can't
debate someone who wants to no-platform you...

In any case, I think it's right that Alt-Sheff doesn't list the event as
there is not a consensus to list it.

It has been posted to Indymedia:

- https://sheffield.indymedia.org.uk/2015/06/520651.html

All the best