[Alt-sheff-organising-group] No Platforming of Radical Feminists - A talk by Julie Bindel

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Thu Jun 4 12:26:53 GMT 2015

Hi

On Mon 01-Jun-2015 at 04:11:07PM +0000, Jonny wrote:
> Hey, it's been a long time since I was involved in Alt Sheff but
> personally I wouldn't be up for promoting this talk. This article by
> LaDIYfest explains why lots of feminists oppose her views:
> https://ladiyfestsheffield.wordpress.com/2015/02/17/julie-bindel-not-in-our-city/

I find that article totally contradictory -- you can't be in favour of
debate and dialogue, and LaDIYFest claim they are, and at the same time
support protests against a meeting against no-platforming, which
LaDIYFest do -- LaDIYFest appears to be in favour of the no-platforming
of feminists.

Feminists are not fascists, I don't agree that they should be
no-platformed, I think it is better to have debates about disagreements
rather than using tactics that were once reserved for fascists.

This is a better article on these matters:

- http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the_sex_industrys_attack_on_feminists_20150529

All the best

Chris