[Alt-sheff-organising-group] Alt-Sheff blurb - is this OK with everyone?

Alt-Sheff Collective contact at alt-sheff.org
Sun Sep 7 10:13:03 GMT 2014

Hello Alt-Sheff group :)

We've been invited to feature Alt-Sheff in something called Hannah
Festival; it's about what's going on it the north. (
www.hannahfestival.com ). It means free publicity online and maybe in
printed handouts. So I've drafted the following. The first 50-60 words
(the top paragraph here) may be most important, I think the rest might
get cut off on the website; but anyway, does it sound OK? Comments?
Anything missing?

If I can get a few positive replies by say Tues/Wed I'll send it off

**Thanks** if you have time to read ...............

Alt-Sheff is a website with its finger on the pulse of the
"alternative" radical and ethical scene around Sheffield. It
publicises progressive events, groups and DIY alternatives to global
capitalism; co-operatives, not-for-profits, social enterprises, and
news with a political focus. The website is independent, self-funded,
not-for-profit, and voluntarily run by an autonomous co-operative.
It's hosted by Webarchitects, an ethical Sheffield co-operative.

The events page lists what's on, updated regularly. There are also
news snippets, and a huge links listing, under categories which give a
good idea of the website's "alternative" areas of interest: Animals,
Anti-militarism, Anti-racism, Arts/Media (with a political flavour),
Asylum/Refuge, Children, Civil Rights, Co-operatives, Community,
Cycling, Education, Environment, Feminism/Gender, Food, Health,
Housing, International, Politics, Recycling, Sexuality, Transport.

Sheffield's "Now Then" magazine carries a monthly column written
anonymously under the name of the group, "LocalCheck". Also its listed
events are automatically syndicated to the city's Indymedia website.
Alt-Sheff has been operating since 2008, with proper hand-edited
content. The ethical alternative to Facebook!