[Alt-sheff-organising-group] Notes of Alt-Sheff 2014 meeting

Alt-Sheff Collective contact at alt-sheff.org
Wed Nov 5 12:51:40 GMT 2014

Hello everyone, please see attached notes of this year's meeting,
which was really good.

We agreed to join Co-ops Yorkshire and Humber, would anyone be
interested to receive email newsletters from them? It's not
compulsory, just if you're interested please say, and I can add your
email address to the form.

Thanks due to the Cuba Solidarity Campaign and Karen who are making a
donation towards our webhosting!! :) I'll make sure we formally thank
them when it arrives. If any other people or organisations can
contribute that would be great, I reckon if we received another £30
then any further income (say, from the planned benefit gig) can go
straight to producing publicity materials.

One last thing: the tech team "to do" list is on page 3 ... just
looking at notes from last year we were discussing:-

Twitter automatically 1 week before events and one day before. (Say, a
half hour cron job, so tweets would send max every half hour).
Twitter feed automatically post to Facebook wall.
Possibly a weekly email newsletter with a selection of events?
Facebook and Twitter accounts should gently lead people to the
website, by way of banner images and description texts.
Possible location system for events. All events would require a postcode...

Over to you!!  :)
Cheers
Jonathan